Monday 4 February 2013

Wellcome Library: The Healing Presence of Art

If you feel like getting some knowledge under your belt this February then I recommend The Healing Presence of Art talk at the Wellcome Library by Richard Cork.


Here he is looking thoughtful
I went to a very similar lecture that he gave on this topic at the Courtauld Institute about a year ago. It opened my eyes to how art has been used over the centuries to adorn hospitals.

My favorite work that he mentioned was the Russian sculptor Naum Gabo's beautiful fountain in the lower garden of St Thomas's Hospital which I had never come across before. It is a truly stunning piece of work that looks different every time you see it. Very suitable as it is a work of art that some patients might see on a daily basis.



For more information on the lecture go the the Wellcome library page and get booking.

No comments:

Post a Comment